Thick and Rich Hot Chocolate for One
This Rich and Thick Hot Chocolate for One is the creamiest, most decadent hot chocolate imaginable.
Servings 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon (12g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (7g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2/3 cup milk any percentage
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate chopped, high-quality chips are fine*
- Whipped cream optional for topping
In a small pot, combine sugar, cocoa powder, espresso powder, salt, and water. Whisk over medium-high heat until smooth. Whisk in milk and cream and heat until steaming.
Turn heat down to medium and stir in chocolate until melted and smooth.
Transfer to a cup and serve topped with whipped cream if desired and enjoy!
*2 ounces chocolate chips = 1/3 cup
If you want to do a chocolate drizzle like the one in the photos, combine 1 1/2 teaspoons cream or milk and 1 tablespoon + 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir until smooth. Drizzle over your drink with a spoon or transfer to a small disposable plastic bag and snip off a corner to pipe on chocolate.