This pork stroganoff is tender slices of pork tenderloin simmered with mushrooms, onions, and garlic in a creamy and tangy sour cream sauce.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons (28g) butter
- 8 ounces button mushrooms sliced
- ½ medium white or yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed or minced
- 1 pork tenderloin trimmed of silverskin, sliced in half lengthwise and sliced across into ¼-inch strips
- ¼ teaspoon salt plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon (16g) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons (15g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon pepper plus more as needed
- 8 ounces (about 4 cups) egg noodles
- 1 cup (240g) sour cream
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt butter and add mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
Add pork tenderloin to the pan. Sprinkle with salt and cook until lightly browned.
Stir in tomato paste until well mixed. Stir in flour.
Add beef broth, sherry, lemon juice, and pepper and bring to a simmer. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
Once stroganoff has simmered for 15 minutes, remove it from heat. Measure sour cream out into a medium bowl and add a ladle full of the hot cooking liquid (about 1/4 cup) to the sour cream. Stir until well combined. Repeat until the sour cream is very warm to the touch. Stir the sour cream mixture into the stroganoff.
Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Serve the stroganoff over egg noodles and enjoy!