Small Macaroni Salad
This Small Macaroni Salad is the perfect simple side for small get-togethers and dinners with friends!
- 1/4 cup (52g) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon Dijon mustard or yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 small green onion diced, use green and white parts
- 1/2 cup finely diced bell pepper any color
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely grated carrot
Bring a medium pot of generously salted water to boil and cook macaroni according to package instructions. Drain and set aside to cool completely. Stir occasionally to prevent the noodles from sticking together too badly.
In a medium bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients and whisk together until smooth. Add vegetables and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until pasta is cool.
Once pasta is cooled, stir pasta into the dressing. Serve and enjoy!
*If you don't have green onions, you can use a tablespoon of very finely diced white or yellow onion.
If making in advance, stir an extra spoonful of mayonnaise into the pasta just before serving as the pasta will absorb some of the liquid as it sits and start to look a little dry, even tightly covered.