This Strawberry Milkshake is beautifully pink, rich and frosty, and bursting with sweet-tart strawberry flavor.
Servings 1 to 2
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream* about 3 scoops
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk* any percentage
- 3/4 cup chopped hulled strawberries fresh or frozen is fine
- 1 tablespoon (13g) granulated sugar optional but recommended*
- Whipped cream optional for topping
In a blender, combine ice cream, milk, strawberries, and sugar, and blend until well-combined and pourable.
Pour into a glass, top with whipped cream, and enjoy.
*If using frozen strawberries, allow your ice cream to sit at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before using, until it just begins to melt. Otherwise, you might have trouble getting everything to blend.
*Use 1/2 cup milk for a thicker shake, up to 3/4 cup for a thinner, more sippable one.
*If you prefer a less-sweet shake or are using extremely ripe berries, you can omit the sugar, but I recommend using it since cold ingredients mute sweetness.
Approximate nutritional information is for 2 servings without optional whipped cream.