Sanguinaccio Dolce Senza Sangue
You can make Hannibal’s Sanguinaccio Dolce without blood for a surprisingly easy, elegant chocolate dessert.
- 1 cup milk (any percentage, preferably whole)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup (42g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons (22g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (2oz) chopped good-quality chocolate at least 70%
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a medium pot combine milk and your cinnamon stick. Heat over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes until just before simmering. Remove from heat and discard cinnamon stick.
In a medium bowl, sift together cocoa powder, sugar, and flour.
Slowly whisk in hot milk, doing your best not to allow lumps to form. Mix well and return mixture to the pot.
Whisk constantly over medium-low heat until mixture begins to bubble and thicken, 4 to 8 minutes.
Whisk in chocolate until smooth. Remove from heat, and mix in vanilla.
Cool slightly before serving.