Creamed Turkey for Two
Creamed turkey (or creamed chicken) is a simple weeknight dinner that can be made with leftover turkey or chicken. It’s pure comfort food and completely delicious.
Servings 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons (1oz) butter
- 2 tablespoons (15g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk any percentage
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 cups (8oz) cubed, cooked chicken or turkey (warm)
In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook for about 30 seconds until golden.
Whisk in milk and broth. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to bubble and thickens to the consistency of thick gravy, 3 to 6 minutes.
Remove from heat and whisk in garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir in chicken and allow to sit over very low heat until chicken is warmed through, about 5 minutes.
Serve over mashed potatoes or toast.