These fabulous Small-batch Peanut Butter bars are so easy to make–maybe too easy…
I’m not usually big on no-bake desserts. I love baking (I may have even written a whole book on the subject), so aside from some frozen desserts (remember last summer’s red wine popsicles?), there actually aren’t any no-bake desserts on the entire blog–until today.
Guys, have you ever had a Peanut Butter Bar?
Oh, these beautiful, terrible things. If you’ve never had one, that should change today. They are SO good, like giant, more substantial Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. They have a base layer of sweet and salty peanut butter and graham cracker and then they are covered in peanut butter chocolate. It’s preeeety spectacular.
And the terrible thing about these bars is that they are so easy to make. Like take you five minutes and 2% effort to make. There’s not a whole lot to stop you from making these all the time if you wanted to (and you will want to).
How to Make Peanut Butter Bars
The process for making these Small-batch Peanut Butter Bars is just mix all of your peanut butter base ingredients together–you don’t even need a mixer, spread that out in a 7×5-inch baking dish (I used a Pyrex container), and then melt together some more peanut butter and chocolate and pour it over the top. Refrigerate and eat.
The most labor intensive part of making these bars is crushing some graham crackers for the base, and since this is a small-batch recipe, that’s like four crackers, so it’s more entertaining than tedious.
Since this is a small-batch recipe, it will make about six really generous bars, or you can cut them into much smaller, bite-sized pieces to spread the goodness around a little more. As with most things peanut butter, there’s really no wrong way to enjoy these.
Small-batch Peanut Butter Bars
These fabulous Small-batch Peanut Butter bars are so easy to make--maybe too easy...
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1/3 cup salted butter melted
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs (4 full sheets)
- 2/3 cup (80g) powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup (85g) creamy peanut butter (not natural peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup (3oz) good-quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (20g) heaping tablespoon peanut butter
In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and peanut butter. Stir with a spoon until well mixed. Turn out into an ungreased 7x5-inch dish and smooth out. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and peanut butter. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. If necessary, microwave for an additional 15 seconds and stir, repeating until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour mixture over the cooled peanut butter and spread. Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting. Enjoy!
Adapted From The Girl Who Ate Everything
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.