This single-serving Easy Peanut Butter Sauce for Ice Cream, Pancakes, or Waffles can be made with just two ingredients and is absolutely decadent and delicious.
Hey, friends. Last summer, I shared a 30 second, 2-ingredient Chocolate Sauce on the blog. I wasn’t really sure how it would do, if there was really much of a demand for quick, single-serving dessert sauces, but the post has actually been pretty popular.
Turns out I’m not the only one who sometimes gets the craving for a last minute solo sundae or chocolate drizzled pancakes.
So this summer, I have a couple more of these quick and easy ice cream/pancake/waffle sauces coming your way, and today we’re starting with Peanut Butter Sauce!!
OMG, guys, this sauce.
It’s made with two ingredients, syrup (almost any kind—we’ll talk more about that in a second) and peanut butter. And when you heat them together, you end up with a decadent peanut buttery topping that’s SO GOOD over ice cream, pancakes, or waffles.
You can use pretty much any syrup you have in your cupboard, but the type of syrup you use will determine the texture and sweetness of your peanut butter sauce.
- Corn syrup, which is what I used in the photos, will give you something almost like peanut butter caramel. It’s not just melted, liquid peanut butter, but something that pulls and sets a little like warm taffy. It’s such a fun texture over smooth and creamy ice cream, and I absolutely love it.
- Regular pancake syrup will give you a pourable sauce with a smooth and creamy texture. If you want peanut butter sauce for pancakes (it would be amazing over banana pancakes) or waffles, this is what I would go with.
- Honey makes a sauce with a similar texture to pancake syrup but with a distinct honey flavor. This one’s also very sweet.
- Maple syrup can also be used, but you’ll need to cut the amount from 2 tablespoons to 2 teaspoons. It doesn’t create as pretty and smooth of a sauce as the other options but has a great maple flavor.
How to Make Peanut Butter Sauce
This peanut butter sauce could not be easier to make. You just combine the syrup of your choice and peanut butter and microwave for 10 to 20 seconds, until your syrup has just started bubbling.
Peanut Butter Sauce Recipe Notes
- Be very careful removing the syrup from the microwave. Hot syrup can cause severe burns.
- I don’t recommend using natural peanut butter in this recipe as you won’t get a completely smooth sauce.
- Looking for more peanut butter desserts? Try my Peanut Butter Cookie for Two, Small-batch Buckeye Brownie Cookies, Small-batch Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies, and Small-batch Peanut Butter Cups.
- For more single-serve dessert sauces, try this easy Fudge Sauce and Nutella Sauce.
Easy Peanut Butter Sauce for Ice Cream, Pancakes, or Waffles (Single-serving)
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup OR pancake syrup OR honey OR maple syrup*
- 1 tablespoon (16g) creamy peanut butter not natural peanut butter
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, combine syrup and peanut butter. Microwave for 10 to 20 seconds, until syrup just begins to bubble. Remove from microwave (be very careful, syrup will be HOT), and stir until smooth.
- Serve over ice cream, pancakes, or waffles and enjoy!