This small batch of light and tangy cream cheese whipped cream is quick and easy to make. Serve over fruit for a light dessert or pile high over baked goods for something truly decadent.
Cream cheese whipped cream is one of my favorite dessert toppings. Plain whipped cream is delicious, but adding a little cream cheese to the mix gives the light and fluffy topping a tang that just can’t be beat. It can really catipult desserts with a simpler sweetness to something amazing
I used a variation of this recipe in my Captain America Cheesecake Parfaits. This version is a little lighter, perfect for serving over already sweet desserts or, as we will see next week, over breakfast.
I also played with the ratios a bit so this recipe is easier to cut down, because as delicious as it is, short of party days, we rarely need 5 cups of the mixture. The recipe as written makes a bit over a cup, which makes 3 to 4 pretty generous servings.
Depending on the method you use, it takes less than 10 minutes to make (not including chilling time for your bowl) and is so simple that I often whip it up by hand just so I don’t have to go through the effort of cleaning my stand mixer.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice or vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Chill your mixing bowl and whisk in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Add whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients and whisk until well-combined. Fold in whipped cream, and mix gently until completely incorporated.