Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies for Two are an easy, rich and chocolatey dessert perfect for peanut butter lovers.
Happy Friday, loves. How was your week? Have any fun weekend plans? I’m taking a quick trip down to LA this weekend to see a play, so I’m suuuper ready for this work week to be over.
Can you believe it’s almost Valentine’s Day? Are you celebrating this year? Well, whether you plan on observing the day or not, I have a little Valentine’s Day gift for all the peanut butter lovers out there, Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies for Two!!!! (This recipe totally deserves the extra exclamation marks.)
And when I say “brownies for two,” I don’t mean that this recipe makes two brownies. It will make 4 to 8 brownies. What I’m saying is that it makes just enough that two people could reasonably eat them over the course of a couple of days without making themselves sick.
Or in one day.
I’m really not going to judge, because these brownies are the best, and I had to freeze the rest of this batch so I wouldn’t eat them all by myself. (Also, that didn’t really help because these brownies are great cold too…)
An-y-ways, the brownie base is my favorite fudgy brownie recipe. It’s simple, made in one bowl, and never ever fails me. Then you mix up a sweet peanut butter filling, swirl it into the brownie batter and bake. Twenty-ish minutes later, the peanut butter swirl brownies come out looking gorgeous and tasting even better.
Like my Buckeye Brownie Cookies and Mini Chocolate Sheet Cake, you’re probably going to be glad this makes just a small batch of brownies, because they are so good that the built-in portion control is pretty handy. Plus, desserts for two are just undeniably cuter than desserts for a crowd. 🙂
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies for Two
- 1/4 cup (2oz) unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons (15g) unsweetened cocoa powder sifted if lumpy
- 1/4 cup (30g) all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Peanut Butter Swirl
- 1 tablespoon (.5oz) unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons (15g) powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, cooled butter (if it's too hot, it will scramble your egg), egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well-combined.
- To the same bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Transfer mixture to your prepared pan and use a knife to spread the batter so that it mostly covers the bottom of the pan.
Peanut Butter Swirl
- In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, melted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt until well-mixed. Drop the peanut butter mixture by the spoonful over the brownie batter.
- Use a knife to swirl in the peanut butter by drawing 3 horizontal lines down the long side and then making an "S" shape across them.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into a non-peanut butter section near the middle comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Place brownie pan on a cooling rack and cool for at least 15 minutes before removing the brownies. Slice and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.