This Small-batch Chocolate Mini M&M Cookies recipe makes a half dozen perfect chocolate cookies.
How do you feel about back-of-the-box recipes? You know, the recipes that come printed on food packaging. Do you ever make any of them?
We were devoted users of the Nestlé back-of-the-bag chocolate chip cookie recipe in my house growing up, and as you might remember, my Sharp Cheddar and Broccoli Chowder was adapted from the recipe on a butter box pulled out of my recycling bin. So I’m all for trying these recipes because sometimes they turn out to be great.
A couple of years ago, I pulled out a bag of mini M&M’s to make cookies (don’t you think that mini M&M’s make better cookies than full size? I don’t know why, but they do!) and found a recipe for CHOCOLATE M&M cookies printed on the bag. I gave it a try, and long story short, they instantly earned a spot on my favorite chocolate cookies list.
Since you know I love small-batch cookie recipes (have you tried my No-chill Small-batch Chocolate Chip Cookies or Small-batch Buckeye Brownie Cookies?), I adapted that original recipe to make just six cookies.
And the great thing about this recipe is you can make it with just a couple tubes of mini M&Ms, which is so good for me because I’m incapable of keeping a bag of M&Ms in my kitchen without eating them by the handful.
These Chocolate Mini M&M Cookies are a little soft, a little chewy, plenty chocolatey, but not so rich you couldn’t get away with eating a second one.
Next time you’re standing in the grocery store checkout lane next to the candy bars, you should totally grab a couple tubes of mini M&Ms, come home and make some of these cookies! 🙂
Small-batch Chocolate Mini M&M Cookies
- 1/2 cup 1 tablespoon (68g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons natural cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (2oz) unsalted butter very soft*
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (13g) brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini M&M's or chocolate chips or (2 1-ounce mini M&M tubes)
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Whisk in egg yolk, milk, and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in M&Ms or chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill dough for at least 1 hour, up to 24.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Divide the dough into 6 rounded mounds on the baking sheet and bake for 9 to 12 minutes, until centers just look set.
- Cool cookies on the baking tray and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.