Bacon and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast is the perfect dish when you want something a little extra special for dinner.
Hey, is it date night? A birthday? A special occasion? Need something a little special for dinner tonight?
I have two words for you:
Feta and bacon
Okay a couple more:
–JK on that last one.
Throw all (most of) those things together, and you have a recipe for one of my very favorite slightly special dinners, Bacon and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast.
This is the best dinner when you need something a little above and beyond because:
- It tastes amazing. Like seriously amazing.
- It’s basically fool-proof to make–you’d have to really, really try to ruin this dish.
- You can make Bacon and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast mostly in advance, so if you are making it for company, it’s a low-stress dish to manage while you are running around getting ready.
- It will make your house smell like HEAVEN. I’m serious. If you have guests coming over, they minute they walk through the door, they will ask you what smells so amazing before they even say hi.
Bacon and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast is about as simple to make as it gets. You butterfly a chicken breast (watch this if you’ve never done that before) and then stuff it with feta cheese and some cooked, crumbled bacon. After that, you mix together some olive oil, garlic, oregano, and a little salt and pepper and pour it over the top. That all goes into the oven and 25 to 40 minutes later something magical comes out.
The chicken is moist, stuffed with salty, tangy feta and smokey bacon. And the leftover drippings in the pan are perfect for spooning over steamed veggies. My family also likes to serve rice on the side with the drippings. I think a little Parmesan Orzo goes better, but you do what you want. 😉
More Easy Chicken Recipes
As written, this Bacon and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe generously serves two. To change the recipe yield, hover over the number of servings (or click if you are on mobile) and slide the slider–no preparation changes are necessary for doubling.
Bacon and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic pressed*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 small (8oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup (3oz) crumbled feta cheese garlic and herb preferred, divided
- 4 slices cooked bacon crumbled or chopped, divided
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a medium baking dish (large enough to fit two chicken breasts).
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Butterfly chicken breasts and place them in your prepared baking dish. Fill each breast with (about) 1 ounce of the feta mixture and 1/3 of the bacon (if doubling the recipe, divide 2/3 of the bacon between the chicken breasts). Close breasts. Sprinkle remaining cheese and bacon over top. Pour olive oil mixture over the breasts and bake for 25 to 35 minutes (longer for very large breasts), until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 160 to 165°F.
- Allow to rest for five minutes before serving. Spoon leftover drippings in the pan over rice and veggies or serve with orzo, and enjoy!
Adapted From AllRecipes
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.