Keto Chicken in Cream Sauce: quick-cooking chicken breasts cooked on the stove top with a killer basil and parmesan cream sauce and served over cauliflower rice.
Hey, keto friends, I have an easy keto dinner for you today: Keto Chicken in Cream Sauce. Quick-cooking chicken breasts cooked on the stove top with a killer basil and parmesan cream sauce and served over cauliflower rice.
This is one of my favorite keto recipes for weeknights because it’s easy, quick, and super creamy and satisfying. Like my Keto Chicken Soup, it’s also very non-keto-eater friendly. So you can make it for anyone, and they’re going to love it.
How to Make Keto Chicken in Cream Sauce
This recipe starts by slicing a large chicken breast horizontally into two thinner pieces so it’s easier and quicker to cook on the stove. If you only have small chicken breasts on hand, not a problem.
Just use two breasts instead of one, but still slice them into thinner pieces so they’re easy to cook.
Once cut, the chicken gets sprinkled with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, and then pan-fried. Since the chicken is thin, it’ll only take about 10 minutes to cook. And once the chicken is done, it’s time to make your cream sauce.
The cream sauce is super simple. Just simmer chicken broth and cream for a minute, add parmesan, basil, and pimientos with a little salt and pepper, and that’s it. There’s your sauce.
It seems way too simple, but I promise, it’s SO good.
A Note on Pimientos (What are Pimientos???!)
If you’ve never cooked with pimientos before, they’re diced cherry peppers, very mild and slightly sweet. You can usually find them at the grocery store in clear 2 or 4-ounce jars (at least here in California) near the olives.
If you can’t find pimientos, you can also substitute with 1/4 cup of finely diced red bell pepper cooked in 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat until softened.
Keto Chicken Recipe Notes
- As written, the recipe makes 2 servings but it scales easily with no preparation changes needed
- For more keto recipes, try Keto Fried Rice and Bacon and Feta Chicken Breasts.
Keto Chicken in Cream Sauce
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast
- Italian seasoning *
- Salt and pepper
Basil Cream Sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (1oz) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 2-ounce jar diced pimientos drained
- 2 tablespoons loosely packed chopped fresh basil OR 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cooked cauliflower rice
- Cut your chicken breast in half horizontally by placing one hand on top of the breast and slicing the top and bottom into two thin, even pieces. Sprinkle both sides of each piece with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Grease with cooking spray or a drizzle of olive oil. Once hot, add chicken and cook for 4-6 minutes per side (longer for very large breasts), until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meat reads 165°F.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Return pan to stove and add chicken broth and cream. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute. Turn heat down to low and add cheese, drained pimientos, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice chicken breast and serve over cauliflower rice. Top with cream sauce and enjoy!
Recipe Adapted From Chicken in Cream Sauce
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.