This Strawberry Sauce for Pancakes and Waffles is super delicious, super quick, and super easy to make.
Hey, you know what the best breakfasts in the entire world are? Pancakes and Waffles.
You know the best way to eat them? Absolutely smothered in Strawberry Sauce.
And lucky for all of us, strawberry sauce for pancakes and waffles (and anything else you want to pour it over) is one of the easiest things you can make at home.
You just chop up some strawberries. (This recipe’s GREAT if you have an excess of strawberries from the garden or farmer’s market!)
Whisk together cornstarch and a little water to make a cornstarch slurry.
Add that and some sugar, water, and lemon juice to the strawberries and simmer for three to four minutes until everything is nice and thick and syrupy.
Like I said, easy, right?
Oh, and after that crazy good breakfast, if you have any Strawberry Sauce left, it’s also killer chilled and served over cheesecake or (hot or cold) over ice cream.
As written, this Quick and Easy Strawberry Sauce for Pancakes and Waffles recipe makes enough for two to four servings. To change the recipe yield, hover over the number of servings (or click if you are on mobile) and slide the slider–see recipe notes for preparation changes.
Quick and Easy Strawberry Sauce for Pancakes and Waffles
- 2 cups (12oz) hulled and chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup (66g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice fresh or bottled is fine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch whisked together with 2 tablespoons water*
- In a medium saucepan, combine chopped strawberries, sugar, water, lemon juice, and cornstarch/water slurry. Stir and bring to a simmer. Keep at a simmer (adjusting temperature as necessary), stirring often until thick and syrupy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, pour over pancakes, waffles, or ice cream, and enjoy!
Adapted From Tori Avey
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.