Classic crepes for two stuffed full of whipped cream, strawberries, and blueberries and topped with strawberry syrup make a perfect patriotic breakfast.
Hey, are you a crepe person? I really wasn’t until I started making them myself (full disclosure, that was about a month ago) and now I’m like all crepes all the time.
It’s been fun trying different sweet ways of eating them–until recently, I had only eaten crepes in savory dishes, but my favorite is still the way I made them the very first time I cooked them myself, stuffed with strawberries, blueberries, and cream cheese whipped cream.
Crepes are a fantastic base for so many flavors, but they really shine when topped with the tart fresh taste of strawberries and cream. Oh man, my mouth is watering just writing about them.
These red, white, and blue crepes for two are super easy, make the perfect amount and would be one heck of a patriotic breakfast any national holidays we might have coming up here in the States…
Classic Crepes for Two With Red White and Blue Fixings
Classic crepes for two stuffed full of whipped cream, strawberries, and blueberries and topped with strawberry syrup make a perfect patriotic breakfast. This recipe makes 4 crêpes.
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk any percentage
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted, plus more for greasing
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine all crepe ingredients in your blender and blend until mixed, about 10 seconds. Let the batter rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Heat an 8-inch skillet over medium heat and grease surface by running a stick of butter over it.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour batter into hot pan while gently rotating it so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook until the edges start to curl and the crepe loosens from the pan. Use a thin spatula to flip and cook on the other side for about 10 seconds until just done.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking pan and repeat with the rest of the batter (you don't need to re-grease the pan between), stacking the crepes gently as you go.
Take a warm crepe from the pile and spread whipped cream (or cream cheese whipped cream) over half of it. Add sliced strawberries and blueberries and fold in half and then quarters. Drizzle with strawberry syrup. Serve 2 stuffed crepes per person.
*Approximate nutritional information is for crêpes only.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you and it helps keep the lights on around here/pay my student loans. 😉