These Pancakes for One are SO good, super easy, and perfectly portioned to make exactly two pancakes.
Hey, friend, if today feels like a pancake day and you don’t have a house full of people to feed this morning, you are in the right spot.
These are perfectly fluffy, soft and lovely pancakes just waiting to be slathered in butter, drizzled with syrup, and inhaled. They are SO good, super easy, and perfectly portioned for one.
This recipe makes exactly two pancakes, so there are no leftovers. And the pancakes are made with pantry staples (no buttermilk required). If you have milk, an egg, and some basic baking supplies, you can make these this morning.
How to Make Pancakes for One
- Start by mixing your dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in one bowl and wet: milk, an egg yolk, vegetable oil, and vanilla in a second.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry, using a spoon to stir until just mixed.
- Drop 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto a skillet and cook until bubbles form around the edges of the pancake. Flip and cook through.
- Eat and enjoy! (Scroll down for the full, printable recipe)
Pretty basic pancake stuff. Making pancakes for one isn’t really any different than making them for five except that you don’t have to haul out a griddle to cook them on (unless you want to).
Serve your two pancakes with side of fruit, maybe some crispy bacon and a cup of coffee or homemade mocha, and enjoy a slow solo morning.
Pancakes for One Recipe Notes
- For evenly cooked, golden pancakes, keep your heat to just medium. Any higher and your pancakes may burn before they are cooked through.
- For more recipes for one, try this Single Serve Mac and Cheese, Scalloped Potatoes, and Tomato Soup.
- This recipe uses just one egg yolk. Check out these Egg White Recipes for ideas on what to do with the leftover egg white.
Quick and Easy Pancakes for One
Pancakes for One
- 1/3 cup (40g) all-purpose flour measured by weight or using the spoon and sweep method*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk any percentage*
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg, oil, and vanilla. Pour wet ingredients into the dry and use a spoon to stir until just combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and grease by running a stick of butter over the hot surface or spraying with cooking spray. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to drop batter onto the cooking surface.
- Cook until bubbles form on the top of the pancakes and the bottoms are golden. Flip and continue to cook until cooked through.
- Top with butter and syrup, and enjoy.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.