Yesterday, I wrote about 2015 in review. Today, we’re looking ahead to 2016. New Year’s Day means New Year’s resolutions. And New Year’s resolutions mean dreams big and small. These are mine for the year:
- I resolve to remember that cooking is for pleasure and food is about fuel, not how it will look in photographs for my blog.
- I will learn to love cleaning as I cook.
- Mise en place will be a more consistent part of my 2016.
- My knives will be treated with as much respect as any other important relationship in my life.
- I will use less salt. This is probably a lie.
- An attempt will be made to cook more seafood, even though fish tastes fishy and crustaceans are the spiders of the ocean.
- I will finally make that beautiful fruit tart I talk about making every summer.
- More green, less tan.
- I will master the delicate art of filling a cupcake pan exactly 2/3’s of the way full.
- More family recipes will be written down, because we’re going to want these some day.
And some personal ones: Create more, consume less, run faster, be kinder.
Do you make New Year’s resolutions? If so, what are some of yours?