Easy slow cooker beef fajitas are a fantastic, cheap, and simple dinner for busy weeknights!
It’s slow cooker month here on Baking Mischief, because anything that lets us avoid turning on the oven and adding to the stifling summer heat is welcomed and appreciated.
Last week I posted my totally killer Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwiches for Two. Today we are switching over to beef, using a cheap, tough piece of meat and turning it into fantastic fall-apart tender and delicious fajitas!!
See Also: AWESOME Steak Fajitas
These easy slow cooker beef fajitas literally take less than ten minutes to toss together in the morning, and when you get home in the evening, your house will smell amazing, and you will have delicious fajita filling sitting there waiting for you.
Aside from being fast and easy, these fajitas are great because they are CHEAP. Since we have a long slow cooking time, we can use super inexpensive beef chuck, which can be tough and chewy if you treat it like regular old steak, but is PERFECT when you give it the benefit of extra cooking time. Cooked slow, it is tender, rich, and so flavorful.
You can buy a small chuck roast, chuck steak, or a package cut up for stew meat. Go with whatever is cheapest! As written, this is a recipe for two, but you can double or triple the ingredients with no changes to the cooking method or time if you are serving a family or want leftovers.
After the meat and veggies spend the day in the slow cooker (if you don’t like soft slow cooker veggies, see my note at the end of the recipe), throw some flour tortillas in the oven for a minute or two to warm up, and then go crazy assembling the fajitas of your dreams.
Looking for more cheap, easy recipes, try these Easy Homemade Carnitas, Carnitas Tacos, Slow Cooker Beef Ribs, and Easy Chicken Fajitas.
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas
- 1/2 pound beef chuck or stew meat
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 large onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice about 1/2 lime
- Flour tortillas soft taco size
- Your favorite fajita toppings
- Place meat into your slow cooker. Drop bell pepper and onion slices over the top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, soy sauce, and lime juice. Pour mixture over the meat and vegetables.
- Place the lid on your slow cooker and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 7 to 9 hours. Meat is done when it is easily shreddable.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board and shred with two forks before returning it to the liquid and vegetables.
- Serve over warm tortillas with your favorite fajita toppings (I like sour cream and a bit of salsa). Enjoy!
Adapted From Brown Eyed Baker
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.