This Homemade Hard Lemonade for Two is everything great about summer lemonade, tart, sweet, refreshing, but with the added kick of vodka.
Happy Fourth of July! If you are in the US, how are you celebrating this year? My whole family is in town, and we’ll be doing a pretty low-key celebration, cooking steaks on the grill (with my favorite steak marinade) alongside macaroni salad, and whatever else I decide to make between now and dinner time. 😉
Since it’s a holiday, I’ll keep this write up short and sweet so you can get back to celebrating. Over the last couple weeks, I’ve been sharing some simple small-batch lemonade recipes. First, it was classic Lemonade for Two, then Strawberry Lemonade for Two.
Today, things are getting just a little more fun with Hard Lemonade for Two. This recipe’s everything great about summer lemonade, tart, sweet, refreshing, but with the added kick of vodka. For a little extra extra, you can use sparkling water as well. I’ve made it with and without many times and they are both great.
Like the other lemonade recipes I’ve posted this month, this Hard Lemonade is super simple to make and makes just one quart, enough for two to four glasses. I especially love that serving size for hard lemonade since it’s something I love making, but don’t necessarily want to be drinking for days at a time.
Long story short, if you’re looking something refreshing this summer with a little extra kick, give this Homemade Hard Lemonade for Two a try. Now go have a safe and delicious Fourth of July! I’m doing my best to have the same. 🙂
Homemade Hard Lemonade for Two
- Citrus juicer optional but nice to have
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup filtered water
- 2/3 cup vodka
- 1 1/3 cup sparkling water (or flat) plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (2 to 3 medium lemons)
- In a small pot, dissolve sugar in 2/3 cup of the water. Bring to a simmer and cook just until sugar dissolves completely. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small pitcher or 1-quart mason jar, combine the cooled sugar water, vodka, sparkling (or flat) water and lemon juice. Stir together. Add more water until lemonade reaches your preferred level of sweetness. Serve over ice and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.