This No-churn Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream is creamy homemade vanilla ice cream with swirls of peanut butter, chunks of Oreos, and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Minis throughout. What could be better?
Happy Saturday, folks! Do you have anything fun planned for the weekend? I do! My birthday’s tomorrow, so I have a long day of good company and good food ahead of me, but before I run off to do that, let’s have a little chat about some ice cream first.
I had a couple different names for this recipe. In my editorial calendar, it’s written in as It’s My Birthday, B*tch Ice Cream because when I was coming up with something fun and decadent to post around my birthday, I immediately knew this was the over-the-top flavor combo I wanted work with.
See Also: Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
When I shared the ice cream with other people, I called it Parent Trap Ice Cream since for a lot of us 90’s kids, that’s where we first learned about the delights of combining peanut butter and Oreos.
But, in the end, SEO won out, so the official title’s No-churn Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream.
And sure, the title may be a little boring, but this ice cream is definitely not.
The vanilla ice cream base is your standard super-easy no-churn ice cream combo of one can sweetened condensed milk and 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped with vanilla. It’s a fabulous rich and sweet base that pretty much begs you to add something fun to it. For this Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream, I chopped up some Oreos, added a handful (okay, like three handfuls, let’s be real here) of mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, and then I swirled some melted peanut butter into the ice cream.
Six ingredients, about eight minutes to throw everything together, and then you just cover your creation, pop it in the freezer, and wait four to six agonizing hours until it’s ready to go.
And it’s worth every single second of the wait. This ice cream is a frozen summer dream come true. It’s creamy and perfect, with ribbons of peanut butter running through it and big chunks of Oreo and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups alongside.
If you’ve felt like your summer’s a been a little lacking in delight this year, take two scoops of this and call me in the morning to tell me how much better your summer is now. 😉
No-churn Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream
- Freezer safe container loaf pans work great for this
- Handheld electric mixer or stand mixer
No-churn Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk chilled
- 15 Oreos roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup Reese's Minis
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine heavy cream and vanilla. Use an electric mixer, starting on low, working up to high, to beat cream until stiff peaks form. Turn mixer down to low and mix in condensed milk.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in Oreo pieces and peanut butter cups. Pour half of the mixture into your freezer-safe container.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, microwave peanut butter for 20 seconds and stir until peanut butter is smooth and pourable. (Continue to microwave in 10-second increments if necessary.) Pour half of the peanut butter over the ice cream in the container.
- Add the rest of the ice cream to the pan and pour the rest of the peanut butter over the top. Use a butter knife to swirl everything together. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, freeze for at least four hours and enjoy!
Adapted From Martha Stewart
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.