Sip your way into summer with this Homemade Strawberry Lemonade for Two. Easy to make and perfectly pink with just four ingredients!
Hey, all. How’s your weekend going? If you’re celebrating Father’s Day, do you have everything all set for tomorrow?
I *thought* I did. Every year, my dad asks for exactly the same Father’s Day meals: Breakfast Fried Rice, Chicken Curry, and my mom’s famous cheesecake, which she makes because she’s the cheesecake queen.
This year, my dad saw my Mini Kahlua Cheesecakes in his feed on Facebook and decided last minute that, plot twist!, he wants those instead.
We are 24 hours out, and I don’t have the ingredients and I did not schedule cheesecake-making time into my weekend, but it’s Father’s Day, so guess who’s doing some last-minute baking now?
Anyone else scrambling with some last-minute preparations? Who’s with me?
Okay, cheesecake rant over. 🙂 On to today’s recipe!
Last week, I shared Homemade Lemonade for Two and teased that I had some more variations coming up. Well, say hello to the first of them: Strawberry Lemonade (for two of course).
See Also: Strawberry Milk
I loooooove Strawberry Lemonade. Not just because it tastes amazing, which it does, but because it is just so pretty and pink. I always forget what a fabulous dramatic color just a couple strawberries give lemonade without having to add anything artificial to the mix. Sipping a glass of this pool-side (or inside with air-conditioning and a good book) just feels extra summery and fun.
Like last week’s recipe, this Strawberry Lemonade for Two recipe makes a quart of lemonade, enough for two to four cups depending on the size of your glass. It’s just as easy as classic lemonade but with one tiny extra step.
While you make your simple syrup, you blend a few strawberries with a bit of water to make a puree. Then you just mix puree, simple syrup, and a little more water. Serve over a tall glass of ice to cool everything down and sip your way into summer.
Looking for more strawberry recipes? Try Strawberry Frosting, Mini Strawberry Breakfast Cake, Lemon Sugar Cookies With Strawberry Frosting, and Strawberry Sauce for Ice Cream, Pancakes, and Waffles.
Strawberry Lemonade for Two
- Citrus juicer optional but nice to have
Strawberry Lemonade for Two
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 2/3 cup filtered water divided plus more to taste*
- 3 large strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (2 to 3 medium lemons)
- In a small pot, make a simple syrup. Combine sugar and 2/3 cup of the water. Bring to a simmer and cook until sugar is dissolved.
- In a blender or food processor, combine strawberries and 1 cup of the water. Process until completely pureed and smooth.
- Combine simple syrup, puree, lemon juice, and remaining 1 cup of water. Serve over a tall glass of ice and add water to taste. Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.