Fresh green beans with chopped bacon, tossed in bacon drippings make an easy, tasty, and surprisingly low-calorie side dish.
Looking for a tasty veggie side? Well, look no further, because I’ve got a good one for you, my favorite Bacon and Green Beans Side Dish.
A couple months ago, I shared my No-fail Butter and Garlic Green Beans and those have ended up being one of the most popular recipes on the site. These are the same easy peasy deal, but instead of tossing home-cooked green beans in butter and garlic, you cook up a couple slices of bacon and toss the beans in the bacon drippings.
And yes, it is exactly as tasty and easy as it sounds.
These babies come in at under 100 calories a serving, can be made in 15 minutes, and are completely delicious. I could totally eat these every night of the week and never tire of them.
See Also: Roasted Asparagus
If you have a significant other or a kiddo who doesn’t like to eat their greens, give these a try, it might make a convert out of them!
More Easy Veggie Sides
- Roasted Green Beans
- Green Beans in the Microwave
- Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Zucchini
- Corn on the Cob in the Microwave
Quick Green Beans With Bacon Side Dish
- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- 2 slices of bacon cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- Place green beans in a medium pot and cover with lightly salted cold water. Bring to a simmer. Simmer the green beans over medium low to medium for 5 to 10 minutes until beans reach your desired level of doneness. Drain.
- While your green beans are cooking, add bacon pieces to a large skillet. Cook until done. If your bacon gets done before your green beans are ready, simply remove pan from heat until they are ready to go. Once green beans are done and drained, add them to the pan of bacon and toss to coat in bacon drippings.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Make-ahead Instructions: Uncooked bacon can be chopped and green beans trimmed, up to two days in advance. Store separately, in airtight containers, and make sure your beans are dry when storing.
Recipe for Two Instructions: The recipe halves cleanly. No cooking changes are needed.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.