Carnitas Nacho Fries are the perfect party food. They’re easy, stress-free, and a total crowd-pleaser.
You all know I’ve been on a *bit* of a carnitas kick the last few months.
I have one final (for now) carnitas recipe for you today, and it’s possibly my favorite because it’s so good/ridiculous/extra: Carnitas Nacho Fries.
Yes, that is a bunch of random good food words all smashed together, and yes, you absolutely need Carnitas Nachos Fries in your life. They are beautiful and wonderful and all things excellent in the world.
See Also: Quick and Easy Nacho Cheese
You should make them, and you should share them with friends because this is not eat-alone food.
This is make a big batch, set it out on the counter and let everyone grab cheesy, meat-covered fries while you chat food.
If people are gathering at your place (and they are people you like), you should do something nice for them and feed them nacho fries.
How to Make Carnitas Nacho Fries
Nacho fries are super easy and low-stress to make. You just need a warm batch of cooked carnitas, homemade (highly recommended) or store-bought, a bag of frozen french fries, and nacho toppings.
- Bake the fries until they’re just shy of being perfectly crispy and add your hot and melty nacho ingredients: carnitas, cheese, and anything else you want warm.
- Pop the fries back in the oven and bake for just a few minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey. Once the cheese is melted, remove from oven, add the cold toppings, and you’re good to go. Serve immediately and tell everyone to dig in.
Carnitas Nacho Recipe Notes
- Nacho fries are best eaten immediately after cooking.
- If you’re making homemade carnitas for this dish, you can cook them the day before if it’s more convenient (carnitas actually taste better on the second day). Just reheat before adding to the nachos.
- Looking for more easy recipes for entertaining? Try Oven-roasted Tri-tip, Country-style Pork Ribs, Carne Asada Fries, and Snickerdoodles.
Carnitas Nacho Fries
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake your fries according to package instructions, until just done.
- Set oven temperature to 350°F.
- Top cooked fries with warm carnitas and cheese, and return fries to the oven until cheese is melted, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add guacamole, pico de gallo, and sour cream. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!’
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.