A lighter quick and easy fettuccine Alfredo with broccoli for busy Meatless Mondays, full of broccoli and cheesy Alfredo goodness!
Did everyone have a good Easter? Mine was very low key and involved a couple of bordeaux eggs and a sugar coma…
We’re going to finish of our March Meatless Monday series with some more comfort food, Easy Fettuccine Alfredo With Broccoli.
Who doesn’t like Fettuccine Alfredo? Seriously, I don’t think I’ve ever met someone who isn’t a fan. I mean, what’s not to like. It’s creamy, cheesy, and delicious, aaaaaaaand, slurpy fettuccine noodles are just plain fun to eat.
This version of fettuccine Alfredo with broccoli is one of my favorites because it’s meatless, so Meatless Monday approved, it’s made with half and half rather than heavy cream, so you don’t need to be rolled away from the table after eating it, and it takes almost zero time and effort to make.
Two pots, 20 minutes, no knives required. Win, win, win.
Oh and did I mention it’s delicious too? Broccoli and Alfredo were made for each other and this particular Alfredo sauce is fantastic. It’s slightly garlicky, cheesy, and just the perfect level of not-too-rich.
Give it a try. You’re going to love it.
Looking for more pasta recipes? Scroll past the recipe for some of my favorites!
Easy Fettuccine Alfredo With Broccoli
Pasta and Veggies
- 12 oz fettuccine
- 12 oz broccoli florets bought bagged (or cut up at home)
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 1 stick) butter
- 2 cups half and half*
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup (3oz) shredded Parmesan cheese plus more for topping
Pasta and Veggies
- Cook fettuccine according to package instructions in a large pot of generously salted water. Add broccoli during the last 3-4 minutes of cooking time and cook until done. Drain, return to pot, and set aside.
- While your pasta cooks, melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add half and half and stir. Allow to come to a simmer and cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and reduced. Watch closely and do not allow to come to a full boil.
- Add garlic powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne, and Parmesan. Pour sauce over noodles and toss to coat.
- Serve and sprinkle with more Parmesan if desired.
Recipe Adapted From: AllRecipes.com
Make-ahead Instructions: Pasta and sauce should be cooked just before serving. Broccoli can be cut up to two days in advance and stored in an air-tight container. Make sure broccoli is dry before storing.
Recipe for Two Instructions: Recipe halves easily. For the cheese, half of 3/4 cup is 1/4 cup, 2 tablespoons. No other cooking changes are needed.
Freezer Notes: This sauce and pasta does not hold up well for freezing.
More Pasta Recipes
Easy Creamy Chicken Pasta with Bell Peppers – A rich and creamy pasta loaded with Parmesan cheese, chicken, and bell peppers, as easy as it is delicious. You don’t want to miss this one!
Quick Mac and Cheese for One – A quick recipe for mac and cheese for one. Easy, cheesy, and oh so good.
Lightened Up Copycat Carmela’s Chicken – Chicken, mushrooms, and delicious caramelized onions cooked up in a wine and cream sauce and served over rigatoni. A lightened up version of the Macaroni Grill favorite.