This creamy and marvelous White Hot Chocolate can be made with just two ingredients in five minutes.
Hey friend, how is the weather where you are right now? Here in California, it’s just starting to get chilly, and you know what that means. It’s hot chocolate weather! (AKA the best weather.)
If it’s hot chocolate weather where you are today, you should absolutely treat yourself to a cup of something warm and sugary.
And if it’s warm and sugary you want, you can’t go wrong with a cup of creamy, marvelous White Hot Chocolate.
A cup of it could be yours with just two ingredients, milk and white chocolate, and five minutes.
How to Make White Hot Chocolate
- Heat milk until steaming on the stove or in the microwave.
- Stir in chopped high-quality white chocolate until melted.
- Pour into a mug and top with an obnoxious number of marshmallows and enjoy.
Could that be any easier? I think not.
A Note on White Chocolate
Because this hot chocolate gets all its flavor and sweetness from the white chocolate, it is incredibly rich and creamy, BUT that also means that you must use high-quality white chocolate in your drink.
High-quality chips are fine, but you want chocolate that tastes good on its own. If you wouldn’t eat the chips (or chunks) by the handful, don’t put them in your hot chocolate, because that’s what your hot chocolate is going to taste like.
More Hot Chocolate Recipes
Plain white chocolate not your thing? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. Try one of these other hot chocolates:
White Hot Chocolate Recipe Notes
- This recipe makes one cup of hot chocolate, enough to fill an 8-ounce mug. If you’d like to fill an oversized mug, 1 1/2 or double the recipe.
- You can use any percentage milk you’d like. The higher the fat content, the creamier your drink will be. You can also add a splash of heavy cream for an ultra-rich and creamy drink.
- For a little caffeine with your sweet, try a White Chocolate Mocha, Homemade Mocha, or Caramel Macchiato.
White Hot Chocolate
White Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup milk any percentage
- 2 ounces (about 1/3 cup) good-quality white chocolate chopped*
- Whipped cream
- Crushed candy cane
- In a small saucepan or the microwave, heat milk until steaming. Add white chocolate and stir until melted.
- Pour into an 8-ounce cup, top with optional toppings, and enjoy!