Craving a creamy, dreamy White Chocolate Mocha this morning but don’t want to put on pants to go get one for yourself? I have just the recipe for you. Four ingredients, five minutes, zero pants required.
I’ve shared a ton of Starbucks-inspired recipes on the site over the years, an Easy Homemade Mocha, my mom’s favorite Caramel Macchiato, a Pumpkin Spice Latte made two ways, among others. And I love them all because I love coffee, but today, I’m finally sharing my personal morning coffee of choice: White Chocolate Mocha.
Creamy, dreamy, sugary White Chocolate Mocha.
I love them so much.
See Also: Iced White Chocolate Mocha
And if you’re here, I’m guessing you do too. So next time you’re craving a sweet coffee treat in the morning, but can’t actually bring yourself to put on pants and leave the house to get it, come back here for this recipe and make your White Chocolate Mocha at home.
How do you make a White Chocolate Mocha?
White Chocolate Mochas are one of the easiest coffee drinks to make at home. You just need milk, some strongly brewed coffee, white chocolate, and some optional sugar and cream. You melt your chocolate in milk, heated to steaming and whisked until frothy and then just pour it into your coffee. If you want your drink a little sweeter, you can add sugar, a little richer, add cream.
This is not a copycat version of Starbucks’ White Chocolate Mocha— their recipe uses condensed milk and espresso–two ingredients I’m guessing most people don’t have sitting around in the minute quantities needed to make one cup of coffee, but this homemade version is just as good and will hit all those White Chocolate Mocha sweet spots.
It’s definitely a drink work getting out of bed for.
Homemade White Chocolate Mocha Recipe Tips & Notes
- This recipe makes a little over 1 cup of coffee, enough to fill one 8-ounce mug. If you want to fill an over-sized mug, double the recipe.
- Be sure to use high-quality white chocolate in your mocha, cheap white chocolate chips that are great in cookies don’t work well in white chocolate drinks.
- If you’d like to make white chocolate shavings for the top of your mocha, use a vegetable peeler and run it down the edge of a piece of white chocolate bar to make the curls.
What’s your go-to sweet coffee drink? Tell me in the comments.
Homemade White Chocolate Mocha Recipe
White Chocolate Mocha
- 3/4 cup milk any percentage
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream optional
- 2 tablespoons (1oz) white chocolate chopped (high-quality chips are fine)
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar or to taste
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and optional cream until steaming.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped chocolate until melted and smooth. Whisk until foamy.
- Pour coffee into an 8-ounce mug. Pour milk mixture over the top and stir in sugar to taste. Top with optional whipped cream and enjoy!