How to make an easy and delicious homemade mocha, no espresso machine or hot chocolate mix needed.
Happy Wednesday! I’m going to keep things short today since I’m sure we’re all still recovering from Monday, and today’s recipe is such a simple delight that I don’t feel like it needs a ton of selling.
It’s chocolate and coffee. What more do you need to know?
That’s right. Before healthy January starts, I’m sharing one last quick and easy morning treat, my homemade mocha!
I’ve shared a bunch of easy coffee recipes on the site in the past, my White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha, Eggnog Latte, Pumpkin Spice Latte, and Caramel Macchiato, but this Homemade Mocha is the easiest of them all.
All you need to make it is five ingredients and a mason jar. Pour everything together in the jar, screw on the lid and shake shake shake to mix and really work up some foam. Pour into a cup, and enjoy.
See Also: White Chocolate Mocha
This mocha is sweet, chocolatey, and takes hardly more time to make than adding cream and sugar to your morning coffee so it can be the thrown-together treat that gets you through a crazy busy morning or something to sip on Sunday morning while you read in bed.
Homemade Mocha Recipe Tips
- If you don’t have a mason jar with a lid, you can heat everything together on the stove in a small pot and whisk vigorously.
- Too warm outside for hot coffee? Go make an Iced Mocha!
Easy Homemade Mocha
- Mason jar with lid
- Kitchen towel
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1/4 cup milk any percentage
- 1 tablespoon (5g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (12g to 25g) granulated sugar to taste
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Whipped cream for topping, optional
- Combine all ingredients except the optional whipped cream in a mason jar. Screw on lid and wrap top with the towel (in case your jar leaks). Give a few very good shakes, until everything is well-mixed and milk is foamy.
- Pour into a mug and microwave for 30 seconds or until steaming. Top with whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!