This Naan Chicken Alfredo Pizza is super easy, so good, and just a bit classier than your usual delivery pizza.
You guys know I love pizza. I’ve made it quite a few ways for the blog, classic Margherita Pizza, Hawaiian Naan Pizza (with The Best Homemade Pizza Sauce in existence), even turned pizza into Pizza Tarts! But what I haven’t had on the blog is a pizza with white sauce. Until today!
Say hello to my Naan Chicken Alfredo Pizza! This is the perfect pizza to make when you have a little leftover chicken or too many fresh tomatoes from the garden and need something simple-to-make for dinner. It is super easy, so good, and just a bit classier than your usual delivery pizza.
I’ve been obsessed with using Naan as a pizza base for the last few months because it’s uber-convenient and the perfect texture and thickness for a good pizza crust, but if your local stores aren’t stocking it yet, you can use a medium store-bought pizza crust or double the recipe and make a large pizza.
This Chicken Alfredo Pizza starts with a nice thick Alfredo sauce. Unlike classic Alfredo sauces, which only use butter, cream, and cheese, this one starts with a roux so you end up with a sauce heavy enough to stand up to everything you are piling on top of it. It’s creamy, cheesy, and garlicky.
Then you add some cooked chicken, mozzarella, and tomatoes. I used cherry tomatoes, but you can chop up any kind you like and use them. Toss in the oven until the cheese is all melty and beautiful and then it’s pizza party time! The rich creaminess of the Alfredo sauce along with the hint of sweetness from the tomatoes and salty mozzarella will light up all the little pleasure centers in your brain, and trust me, you’ll never want this party to end.
Naan Chicken Alfredo Pizza Recipe Notes
- If you are having trouble finding naan at your grocery store, my local stores sell it in their bakery section, usually in packs of four (the naan in these photos is Stonefire brand).
- Naan freezes well, so if I have extras, I like to wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze in a freezer bag for later use.
- If you don’t have cooked chicken on hand, my post on How to Cook Chicken Breasts is my favorite way to cook chicken for recipes like this.
Naan Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- 1 small (8oz) boneless skinless chicken breast cooked and diced
- 2 tablespoons (1oz) butter
- 1 clove garlic minced or crushed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk any percentage
- 1/4 cup (1oz) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup (4oz) shredded mozzarella
- 2 Naan loaves
- Basil optional for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until golden, 30 seconds. Add flour and cook, whisking continuously until lightly brown, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Whisk in milk and continue to whisk constantly until sauce is thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place naan on a baking sheet and divide Alfredo sauce between the 2 naan loaves. Top with cooked, diced chicken and mozzarella. Add tomatoes.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until crust is toasted and cheese melted. Top with basil if desired and enjoy!
Recipe Adapted From Food Network
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.