This homemade Chai Tea Latte is incredibly simple to make at home. It’s warming, the perfect level of sweet, and you probably have all the ingredients in your cupboard already.
Hey, friends. I’ve posted a lot of Starbucks-copycat/inspired recipes on Baking Mischief over the years, BUT until now they’ve all been coffee-based (like my Mocha, Caramel Macchiato, Caramel Latte, etc.). Well no more.
Tea lovers get hyped, today’s recipe is for you: Chai Tea Latte.
Incredibly Easy Chai Tea Latte
This homemade chai latte is beyond simple to make at home. It’s warming, the perfect level of sweet, and if you’re a chai tea drinker, you probably have the ingredients in your cupboard already.
Chai Tea Latte Ingredients
For your latte, all you will need are:
- Chai tea bag
How to Make a Chai Tea Latte
To make a chai latte, you’ll make a quick chai concentrate, in this case, a very strongly brewed 1/4 cup of tea with sugar. Next, foam milk on the stove, either by whisking vigorously or using a milk frother, and then just pour the steamed milk over the chai concentrate.
That’s it. Super easy, super quick, super good.
What does a chai tea latte taste like?
Starbucks’s chai latte tastes a lot like their pumpkin spice latte minus the slight bitterness the espresso gives it (there is no coffee in a chai latte).
This homemade version is very much the same. You have the spicy, warming chai flavor, lightly sweetened, and mellowed out by the steamed milk. Starbucks uses 2% milk by default, but if you like a richer drink, you can use whole milk or even add a splash of half and half or heavy cream.
More Starbucks Coffee Drinks
Chai Latte Recipe Notes
- If you make a lot of lattes at home and enjoy really foamy milk, I recommend purchasing a handheld milk foamer. They are pretty inexpensive (typically $10-$20), work well, and are just fun to use. 😉 I own the PowerLix MilkPro Frother, and I’ve been really happy with it.
- This recipe makes a 1-cup (8-ounce) latte. If you want to fill an oversized cup, 1 1/2 or double the recipe.
Easy Chai Tea Latte
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 chai tea bag
- 2 teaspoons (8g) granulated sugar *
- 3/4 cup milk any percentage
- Cinnamon optional for topping
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil. Pour into an 8-ounce mug and steep tea bag for 5 minutes. Remove and discard tea bag. Stir in sugar.
- While your tea steeps, pour milk into the pot and heat over medium heat until milk begins to steam (do not bring to a boil) whisk vigorously until foamy or use a handheld milk frother to froth milk.
- Pour most of the milk into the tea concentrate, stirring to combine before adding in the last of the milk and foam, sprinkle with cinnamon if desired, and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.