A Caramel Latte is one of the easiest sweet coffee recipes to make at home. All you need is 4 ingredients and about 5 minutes.
It’s officially fall. Mornings are starting to feel crisp. And you know what that means. Time for sweet and warming coffee drinks!
Today’s recipe is perfect for chilly fall mornings if you’ve already reached your Pumpkin Spice Latte quota for the year, a Caramel Latte.
Caramel lattes are one of the easiest sweet coffee recipes to make at home. All you need is caramel, coffee or espresso, a little sugar, and milk.
How to Make a Caramel Latte
1. In a small pot (I like to use a butter warmer), combine milk, caramel, and sugar and heat over medium heat until milk is steaming and sugar and caramel are completely dissolved. Whisk vigorously until foamy or you can use a handheld milk frother if you have one.
2. Pour 1/2 cup of strong coffee into an 8-ounce mug and then pour in the caramel mixture. Give a little stir, and taste. If it’s not quite sweet enough, add a little more sugar. Then top with whipped cream and more caramel sauce if desired and enjoy!
Store-bought Caramel Alternatives
If you don’t have any caramel sauce on hand, you have a couple make-at-home alternatives:
Shortcut Caramel: This recipe uses brown sugar, so it’s not a classic caramel, but it’s very quick and easy (and delicious).
Dulce de Leche: Have a can of condensed milk on hand and don’t mind waiting a couple hours? Make some dulce de leche and use it in place of caramel.
Caramel Sauce: And if you want a real, classic caramel, go ahead and give this recipe a try.
Looking for More Warming Recipes for Fall?
- This recipe makes a 1-cup (8-ounce) latte. If you want to fill an oversized cup, 1 1/2 or double the recipe.
Easy Caramel Latte
- 1/2 cup milk any percentage
- 1 tablespoon caramel plus optional more for topping
- 1 teaspoon (4g) granulated sugar or to taste
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream optional
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
- Whipped cream optional for topping
- In a small pot, over medium heat, combine milk, caramel, sugar, and optional heavy cream. Heat, whisking frequently until milk is just beginning to steam. If desired, whisk vigorously until milk is frothy.
- Pour coffee into an 8-ounce mug, and stir in caramel mixture. Add more sugar to taste if needed. Top with optional whipped cream, and drizzle with more caramel if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.