This Dulce de Leche Milkshake is frosty and creamy, and you’ll just need 3 ingredients to make it.
Remember a few weeks ago when I posted this Dulce de Leche Latte and talked about trying to find new recipe ideas for the absolutely ridiculous amount of dulce de leche I’ve had around my house the last few months?
Well, I’m back with another of those recipes.
Have you ever tried a dulce de leche milkshake?
Thick and Creamy Dulce de Leche Milkshake
I first tried this combo when I was testing milkshakes for that How to Make a Milkshake post I published a few weeks ago, and friend, it is so good.
It’s frosty, creamy, and you’ll just need 3 ingredients to make it: Dulce de Leche, milk, and vanilla ice cream.
How to Make a Dulce de Leche Milkshake
1. Combine ice cream, milk, and vanilla ice cream in a blender. (If you don’t have a blender, check out my post on making a milkshake without a blender.)
2. Blend until creamy and pourable.
3. Drizzle dulce de leche around a glass, pour in milkshake, and top with whipped cream and more dulce de leche (optional).
More Dulce de Leche Milkshake Combos
Looking for more dulce de leche shake ideas? Try adding some of these mix-ins to the shake before blending:
- Banana Dulce de Leche Milkshake: Add 1 large, ripe banana (frozen or fresh).
- Banoffee Pie Shake: Blend in 1 large, ripe banana and 1 (full-sheet) graham cracker broken into pieces, and then top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings in the glass.
- Boozy Dulce de Leche Shake: Add 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of whiskey.
Tips, Tricks, and Notes
- If you don’t have dulce de leche on hand, it’s really easy to make at home. Or if you have caramel sauce or salted caramel, you can substitute either of those and make a Caramel Milkshake.
- This recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups of shake, enough to fill a 12-ounce glass.
- For more milkshake recipes, try my Banana Milkshake, Strawberry Milkshake, or Chocolate Milkshake.
Dulce de Leche Milkshake
- In your blender, combine ice cream, milk, and dulce de leche. Blend until well-mixed and creamy.
- Drizzle dulce de leche around the inside of a glass if desired before pouring in the milkshake. Top with optional whipped cream and more dulce de leche. Serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.