This deliciously decadent caramel milkshake is quick and easy to make at home. You’ll just need three ingredients: vanilla ice cream, milk, and caramel–homemade or store-bought is just fine.
Hey, friend. Have some caramel sauce in your fridge and some vanilla ice cream in your freezer? You should definitely make a caramel shake right now.
The Perfect Caramel Milkshake
This caramel shake is a total sweet caramel dream, and all you need to make it is the perfect milkshake ratio (three scoops of vanilla ice cream and 1/2 cup of milk) and some caramel.
How can I make a salted caramel milkshake?
And if you’re craving a salted caramel shake, not a problem. You can use salted caramel if you have it in place of regular OR add a generous pinch of salt to your shake before blending.
To be a little extra, you can also dip the rim of your cup in more caramel and sprinkle flakey sea salt over the top, but that’s totally optional.
Caramel Shake Variations
For more caramel shake combos, try adding some mix-in to this recipe:
- Banana Caramel Milkshake: Add 1/2 to 1 whole ripe banana before blending. Use a frozen banana for a creamier shake.
- Vanilla Bean Caramel Milkshake: Add the seeds scraped from 1/2 of a vanilla bean before blending.
More Milkshake Recipes
- If you don’t have caramel sauce in your fridge but you do have some whipping cream, go check out my Shortcut Caramel Sauce recipe, and you can whip up a little batch of caramel in about 5 minutes.
- In your blender, combine ice cream, milk, and caramel. Blend until caramel is incorporated and shake is pourable.
- Pour into glass(es), top with optional whipped cream and more caramel if desired. Serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.