These small-batch Peanut Butter Cookies are easy to make, super peanut buttery, and SO addictive.
Hey, workweek got you down? You should make these Small-batch Peanut Butter Cookies. Your day will get 97% better immediately. I promise.
I love a good peanut butter cookie and these cookies definitely qualify as “good.” Other words used to describe them by taste testers have been, “amazing,” “really really good,” and “my favorite peanut butter cookies ever.” 🙂
While I was baking and shooting recipes like crazy over the last few weeks to get ready for vacation (flying to Rome on Friday, follow my Instagram Stories if you want to tag along!), I made a bunch of different cookie recipes all at once and gave my family first crack at the leftovers. These peanut butter cookies were the first to go, which is saying something, considering they are usually more chocolate people than peanut butter.
But I totally get it. To be honest, I considered keeping the entire batch for myself and not sharing them at all, because these cookies are really good and *really* addictive. They are super peanut buttery and the perfect (or at least my perfect) peanut butter cookie texture where they’re a little soft and crumbly, a little chewy, and with a little extra oven time, a little crunchy.
Like my Small-batch Chocolate Chip Cookies and Small-batch Chocolate Mini M&M Cookies, this is another really simple and relatively fast recipe to throw together. It does call for softened butter, so you have to allow time for your butter to come to room temperature, BUT, since you only need 3 tablespoons, if you cut the butter into smaller pieces and set it out while you measure out the rest of your ingredients, it should be ready to bake with in 10 to 15 minutes (a little longer on cold days).
Once you have your dough ready, it doesn’t need to be chilled, so you just drop it onto a cookie sheet, bake, cool, and enjoy! And since this recipe makes 6 cookies, there are just enough to share, but not so many that you’re in any real trouble should you choose not to. 😉
Small-batch Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe Tips
- Proper flour measurement is important in this recipe. Be sure to use a scale to measure your flour or the spoon and sweep method as detailed in the recipe notes.
- These cookies freeze *really* well. If you have leftovers, put them in a freezer bag and they will keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Looking for more peanut butter desserts? Try this Peanut Butter Cookie for Two, Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, Peanut Butter Sauce, Small-batch Monster Cookie Bars, and Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate.
Small-batch Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour measured by weight or using the spoon and sweep method*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (85g) peanut butter (not natural peanut butter)
- 3 tablespoons (1.5oz) unsalted butter softened
- 3 tablespoons (37g) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons (25g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla. Whisk together until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Scoop rounded spoonfuls of the dough and roll into 6 balls. Place dough onto prepared cookie sheet and use a fork to firmly press a crosshatch pattern onto the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 8 to 11 minutes, until the edges of the cookies look set, but the cookies are still pale (for a crispier cookie, bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the cookies begin to darken). Cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before moving (cookies will be quite soft until they cool).
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.