These Small-batch Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are easy to make and one of my favorite fall desserts!
My big slouchy sweaters have been in standby mode since about the middle of August, and I am READY.
And since it’s almostkindasortof an appropriate time to start posting fall-themed recipes, I’m kicking things off today with one of my favorites, Small-batch Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.
I LOVE baking with pumpkin because not only does it taste fantastic, but it makes baked good so incredibly moist, and that holds totally true with these cupcakes. They are soft, soooooo moist (sorry to everyone who hates that word), and exactly perfect for fall (or almost fall, whatever).
Like my Small-batch Chocolate Cupcakes and Small-batch Hostess Cupcakes, this recipe will make four perfect cupcakes, which I think is the perfect number of cupcakes for those times that you feel like making cupcakes for no reason other than the fact that there is a cupcake song in your heart. 😉
The cupcakes are super quick and easy to throw together. The batter uses oil instead of creamed butter, so you don’t have to worry about butter temperature before you start baking, and for the frosting, you just let the ingredients come to room temperature while your cupcakes bake and cool, and you’re good to go.
In addition to the pumpkin, these cupcakes include all the usual fall flavors, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, so biting into one will make you feel like putting on a pair of cozy socks and curling up next to a fire, even when you live in Southern California, there hasn’t been a cloud in the sky for weeks, and the projected high for the day is 110 degrees. 😉
Small-batch Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Handheld electric mixer optional but convenient
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 tablespoons (2oz) unsalted butter softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (80g) powdered sugar sifted
- Pinch salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with 4 cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both sugars and vegetable oil. Add egg, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth. Add flour mixture and use a spoon to stir until just combined.
- Divide batter between the prepared cupcake cups, filling about 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 19 to 23 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Cool cupcakes in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, and vanilla, and beat until well-combined and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.