The Best Oreo Milkshake Recipe
A good Oreo shake is one that is creamy and thick but not *so* thick you can’t drink it with a straw, with the perfect ratio of Oreos to ice cream.
This is just such an Oreo shake, and I’m pretty positive you’re going to love it.
How to Make an Oreo Milkshake
1. In your blender, combine ice cream, milk, and 4 Oreos. Blend until mixed and pour into a glass.
2. Take one more Oreo cookie and crush it in your hand before dropping the pieces over the shake. This way you’ll get chunks of Oreo while you drink and pieces at the bottom of your glass when you finish, which every Oreo milkshake connoisseur knows is the best part.
3. Top with optional whipped cream, add a straw, and enjoy!
Oreo Milkshake Without a Blender
If you’re craving an Oreo shake, and the only thing standing between you and that frosty dream is the lack of a blender, no worries! Unlike fruit milkshakes and shakes that have mix-ins that really need to be pulverized, Oreo shakes are particularly good candidates for making without a blender.
- Just crush your cookies in a baggie with a rolling pin.
- Then place ice cream in a large mason jar and microwave it for 15 to 30 seconds, until ice cream has begun to melt but is not fully melted.
- Add milk and cookie crumbs, and then put the lid on and shake until everything is mixed. Before you pour it into a glass, if there are any ice cream bits that haven’t mixed well, use a spoon to stir them in.
And that’s it, instant, blenderless milkshake.
More Cookies and Cream Milkshake Recipes
For even more Oreo Milkshake flavor combos, try adding these to the base shake recipe:
- Bailey’s Cookies and Cream Milkshake: Replace 1/4 cup of the milk with 2 ounces (1/4 cup) of Irish cream liqueur like Baileys.
- Chocolate Oreo Milkshake: Blend 1 to 2 tablespoons of fudge sauce in along with the Oreos.
- Peanut Butter Oreo Milkshake: AKA the Parent Trap milkshake, add 1 slightly heaping tablespoon of peanut butter to the shake before blending.
More Milkshake Recipes
Creamy Oreo Milkshake
- 1½ cup vanilla ice cream about 3 scoops
- ½ to ¾ cup milk *
- 5 Oreo cookies divided
- Whipped cream optional
- Combine ice cream, milk, and 4 of the Oreo cookies in your blender. Blend until pourable and pour into a glass.
- Use the bottom of a glass or your hand to crush the final Oreo into small pieces (but not crumbs) and add the pieces to the the top of your shake or over whipped cream if desired. Serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.