These Small-batch Blueberry Muffins are fabulous little muffins. They are soft and moist, with lots of blueberries and just a hint of lemon in the batter.
I’ve been trying to round out my collection of small-batch muffin recipes these last couple months. So far on the site, I have these Apple Crumb Muffins, Small-batch Banana Muffins, Small-batch Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins, Small-batch Chocolate Banana Muffins, and Small-batch Orange Muffins, but what I didn’t have (until now) was a small-batch Blueberry Muffin recipe. And what muffin collection is complete without one of those?
I go back and forth on what my favorite muffin flavor is, but blueberry is always one of the top contenders. Maybe because they’re such a classic, maybe because they are so pretty, or maybe just because they taste so damn good. If you like muffins, you probably like blueberry muffins, because that’s just how the world seems to work.
And these blueberry muffins are fabulous little muffins. They are soft and moist, with lots of blueberries and just a hint of lemon in the batter. They’re topped with a bit of crunchy sugar and bake up with big, beautiful muffin tops.
This small-batch muffin recipe will make just four muffins, perfect for you and someone special. They’re wonderful warm, broken open with a little butter spread over the insides, or they make a pretty delightful snack if you want to wrap one up and slip it in your bag before work.
You can’t really go wrong with blueberry muffins. 🙂
This recipe uses just one egg white. Check out these Egg Yolk Recipes for ideas on what to do with the leftover egg yolk.
Small-batch Blueberry Muffins
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg white
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest optional but extra delicious
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon sanding sugar for topping*
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and line a muffin tin with 4 liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar and oil. Add egg white, sour cream, vanilla, and lemon zest. Whisk until smooth. Stir in flour mixture until just combined (do not over mix!). Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter between prepared muffin cups, filling each just under 2/3 full. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon sanding sugar over the tops of each muffin.
- Bake for 17 to 21 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few dry crumbs and when gently pressed, the top of the muffin springs back.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.