This quick and easy eggnog latte recipe is perfect for using up leftover eggnog and makes every morning feel like Christmas morning.
Eggnog and I have always had a love/hate relationship. I love it, but I can only drink about two or three sips before all that thick, sweet creaminess starts to be way too much.
Still, I love having it on hand around the holidays to use in recipes (like my favorite Christmas cookies) so in December, I always have multiple bottles go to waste where I’ve only used like a third of a cup.
What does an eggnog latte taste like?
If you’ve ever had a Starbucks eggnog latte, you know that it’s the best of all worlds.
You have that strong, delicious eggnog flavor, but the milk and coffee keep it from being thick and overwhelming. Plus it’s caffeinated so you’ll have energy for all that Christmas prep I’m sure you already have a head start on…
- Eggnog: Any eggnog will work in this recipe including non-dairy eggnogs.
- Milk: Use whatever milk you prefer. The higher fat the milk, the creamier your latte will be. For an extra creamy drink, replace some of the milk with a splash of half and half or heavy cream.
- Strong coffee or espresso: You can use espresso or coffee brewed at double strength (or just regular old coffee for a more mild latte–it’s still delicious). Instant espresso powder* is a handy thing to keep stocked in your pantry for coffee and for baking in general (it will give your chocolate desserts a nice kick). You can order it online and also find it in a little jar in the coffee aisle at most grocery stores.
- Sugar: Depending on how sweet your eggnog is and how sweet you like your lattes, you can add just a little sugar to make this coffee your perfect level of sweet.
How to Make an Eggnog Latte
- Heat eggnog and milk together on the stove and whisk until frothy.
- Pour milk and eggnog mixture over coffee.
- Sweeten with sugar if you prefer a sweeter latte.
- Drink and enjoy!
Can I double this recipe?
Yes. To double the eggnog latte recipe ingredients, hover over the serving size in the recipe card below or click if you’re on mobile, and slide the slider. No other cooking changes are needed.
Can I make this dairy-free?
Yes! Just use dairy-free eggnog and your favorite dairy-free milk. For a richer drink, you can replace some of the milk with a couple tablespoons of dairy-free creamer.
More Starbucks Copycat Recipes
More Holiday Recipes
Leftover Eggnog Latte
- 2/3 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup milk (any percentage)
- 1/3 cup strong coffee or espresso
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Whipped cream
- Ground nutmeg for sprinkling
- On the stove (or in the microwave) heat eggnog and milk together, stirring frequently until it begins to steam (don't let it begin to boil). Remove from heat and use a whisk or handheld milk frother to whisk the milk until foamy.
- Add hot coffee or espresso to your 12-ounce coffee cup. Pour eggnog mixture over the top. Taste and add sugar if you like a sweeter latte before adding optional toppings if desired.
*Links marked with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no additional cost to you.